The Kansas City Area Development Council (KCADC is a non-profit organization, charged with representing the economic interests of the entire two-state, 18-county Greater Kansas City region.
KCADC was named the No. 1 Regional Economic Development Group in the nation by its clients in 2014.
KCADC engaged Triple-I and its alliance partner VML to coalesce five of its existing and disparate websites into a unified whole, with a consistent brand experience, using the most up-to-date processes and technologies. The vision for the ThinkKC.com redesign effort was to create a first class online presence that increases client efficiencies, adds value for KCADC investors/members, promotes KC’s regional lifestyle and career opportunities, and showcases the Kansas City region as a business and lifestyle destination. The site had several goals:
- Represent KCADC as the industry leader in economic development web and mobile interaction, utilizing the latest in multimedia capability.
- Act as a foundational research and marketing tool for the Kansas City region’s business and lifestyle assets.
- Allow KCADC branded initiatives to continue to have a separate identity, while integrating with the KCADC parent site.
- Serve as a regional marketing and events management tool for KCADC.
Once Triple-I’s partner VML completed initial sitemap, wireframes, and creatives, Triple-I utilized its experience and knowledge in the mobile space to complete mobile wireframes and creatives focusing on best-in-class techniques and methods. The use of Sitefinity as the platform-of-choice allowed Triple-I developers to quickly lay the foundation and construct the site to specifications, which were crafted to maximize KCADC’s design and presentation options across the multi-site experience. Taking full advantage of KCADC’s vast photographic library and newly minted brand identity, the new site would be KCADC’s digital ambassador.
The solution included producing a fully design-responsive, display-adaptive site which contained a number of enhancements:
- Engaging easy-to-browse event calendars and timelines
- Interactive, multi-layer maps
- Cutting-edge navigation
- Bold “flat” design aesthetic
The new KCADC site continuum combines an entirely new reconfiguration of its online presence with a mobile friendly, responsive, adaptive, and visually engaging site. The Sitefinity CMS streamlines and coordinates all content creation and improves responses to visitor feedback. The ability to use the mutli-site feature of Sitefinity allows all five websites to share the same CMS interface and share content and access a wide variety of data, while retaining their own style and color palette.